Re: White City

> >The way things are going, I bet they have all new songs.  Between the
>TKAA mp3 and this MG one, it's beginning to take shape.  It's going to be a
>killer album.
>
>I don't know...I suppose it's down to what one likes in the Who, and one of
>the things I like best is the lyrics. The music would then compliment
>these, but so far I'm not terribly impressed by the lyrics. They have
>potential, though.

Since I tend to be interested in the concepts first, I'm happy with it
already.  I'm pleased with the concept, and I love the musical development
they're done on that latest mp3, but you're right that there's a lot of work
to be done on lyrics.  I really like what these two pieces have said
lyric-wise.  There's a strong ambivalence running through the whole
thing--as usual with The Who's concept pieces.

What do you look for in the lyrics?  Are you looking for complexity?  Style?
  Just something that strikes you right?

keets