White City

>I'm not very familiar with White City.  Could someone give me a couple
links
>to check out.

Brain:

It's a must have, if you're a Townshend fan as well as a Who fan. I hope
Pete couples this one with the Deep End concert video to make a DVD.
I've always seen this is a "could have been" Who album. Give Blood and
Brilliant Blues are easy to imagine with Daltrey and Entwistle. Hiding Out
might have been Pete's vocal, and I'd love to hear what John would have done
with the bass.

>Very nice atmosphere, though, and the opening is extremely well-done.

Keets:

I'd say compared to other band video releases, it stands above the rest. It
is better than something like Hard Day's Night or Gimme Shelter, for
instance. The music is among Pete's best, too.

>Is this just coincidence?

Jeff:

And don't forget the scene where he holds up the can from the fridge would
make an excellent bootleg cover for a bootleg called Who Hash.

>Hey - I am trying to divert my mind away from this election fiasco anyway
>I can

It could have been over a LONG time ago if "someone" wasn't trying to stop a
legal true count of the ballots. And this reflects the way he will conduct
himself as President, if and when. Spoiled brat.

Keets:

>The way things are going, I bet they have all new songs.  Between the TKAA
>mp3 and this MG one, it's beginning to take shape.  It's going to be a
>killer album.

I don't know...I suppose it's down to what one likes in the Who, and one of
the things I like best is the lyrics. The music would then compliment these,
but so far I'm not terribly impressed by the lyrics. They have potential,
though.

                  "Am I President yet? No? Damn! Handle it, Dick."
                                         Buzz "Duh-Bya" Lightyear

                   Cheers                               ML