Who story parallels literary classic

I just finished reading one of my all-time faves and noticed some
striking similarities between the plot of the book and the story of The
Who for the last 20 years.  The book is Dr Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole
Christmas".  (I have not seen the movie - can't comment on that)  Aside
from the Who's in Whoville and all the Who-words that make a fan take
notice, I offer the following for some shallow thought:

- The Grinch hates Christmas because of the noise.  Pete came to dislike
performing because of the noise.
- The Grinch tries to stop Who-ville from having fun by taking all their
stuff away.  Pete stopped the concert fun by taking off his electric
guitar.
- Ultimately the Grinch realizes that the fun is going on in Who-ville
despite his best efforts and becomes the life of the who's party.
Ultimately Pete realized that his mates were fun to work with and becomes
the center of the 2000 Who performances.

Is this just coincidence?

Jeff
Hey - I am trying to divert my mind away from this election fiasco anyway
I can