Toby's Trevails

From: Toby Elwin <taelwin@bigfoot.com>I would rather listen to "Face Dances",
"It's Hard", and/or
"Psychoderelict" than that sham, Grammy-award-winning disc by Carlos
Santana OR the top 100 Billboard list from '81 or '82 when those last two
Who albums came out.

Hang on there Toby, Tattoo You (Keith Richards and some other guys) was THE
album of 81 and is still fanfuckintabulous 19 years later. Why must praise of
the Who contain criticism of Keef and the boys? Their albums haven't been
pointless. While none of them are incredible (Voodoo Lounge, Talk Is Cheap,
Slide On This, and Wandering Spirit were solid as fuck however), there is
much fantastic music to be had if you could jjust get over the idea of every
album must be amazing or its POINTLESS. Are Face Dances and It's Hard
comparable to their best work? Of course not, but that doesn't mean that they
don't have a great deal of value and enjoyment for those who are interested
(like you and me, I suppose).                        Peace,
                                                         Shawn M. McKelvey