No Subject

>OK - So what's the best thing YOU would like to hear from them?  Feel free
>to post that to the list.

I'm like the fan over on O&S, and I really don't care about the particular
subject matter a whole lot--anything that Pete wants to go on about is fine
with me.  There has to be a conflict in it, though, in order to make it
interesting.

I've been listening to this TKAA business for a while now, about how the
kids are alright, your kids, my kids, etc., etc., and I sort of go, yeah,
yeah.  But when he added that in about parents needing the kids and the kids
trying to pull away, all of the sudden it turns me on.  This is a real story
that I want to hear more about.

This is pretty much characteristic of his best work so far, and it's the
drama that the rock opera are built on.  Plus, Roger seems to use drama and
conflict as a starting point for his interpretation--at least for Pete's
major works.  This could work within a single song, of course, but there's
more impact and involvement in the longer pieces, and more space to
investigate the different points of view.

This particular idea seems well-constructed for a broad audience, too, in
that it seems to present two, and maybe three different viewpoints that
could involve different age ranges.  Anybody up for a one hour domestic
argument?

As far as the music goes, I'm not that particular, either.  I do like the
songs they take a little time with, as those tend to have complexities like
harmonies and so on.  Some of the songs on "IT'S HARD" seem a little stark
and plain to me (though I thought the same style worked much better on "WHO
ARE YOU."

keets