Re: forgive my pent up emotions

Oh, goodie.  Some psych to add to the discussion.  ;)

Do you have any particular feelings on what's the proper subject matter for
the new album?  We've had a little discussion here recently about the
difference in Pete's writing for himself and for The Who, and someone on
another list commented that they'd never heard anybody complain about Pete's
subject matter.  People do complain about FACE DANCES, though, where Pete's
tried to write for The Who like he does for himself.

So is the difference one of attitude?  Do people expect Pete to be angry
when he writes something for The Who?  Does it have to be some towering
passion before Roger can properly interpret it?

Years back, Roger said that Pete tended to get too personal, and that
filtering it through The Who had a tendency to make it less personal (and
therefore more universal).  Can John and Roger still do that for him?

keets