Re: re - Mark's letter to Pete /Pete' Diary

> Could it be a  lapse in Security ?

Derick:

Certainly this bothered him. Unfortunately it seems there have been
incidents which have given them to believe, rightly or wrongly, they aren't
safe from their fans. And I don't know that it's a recent thing; Rock stars
traditionally keep fans at arms length if not more.

> I absolutely agree with Brian that Who fans can be and are a bunch of
> whiners, we've seen that often enough this tour.

I don't know that it's Who fans, but people in general. We Americans are
spoiled and expect everything our way. No one is ever satisfied, even
though I'd bet if you'd asked Who fans four years ago they'd have said: "I
don't care what they play, as long as I can see them."

> Mark, your letter is great and I hope pete gete to see it,

I did sent it to pt, so maybe. Maybe not. I did want him to know there are
fans out there not screaming "Jump! Jump!" and things are not as dire as he
sees them.

> I know you
> wrote that letter from the heart,I know there are things you want to say
> the man,and I do hope you get to meet him.

I will confess that I wrote the note with intentional to guide his thinking
in a more relaxed mode (however successful I could possibly be with him),
but I didn't pull any punches. I am no more familiar with him than the
majority of us, so I had to work on what I know of the man via his music
and interviews. Probably not a good idea, but he has been more candid than
most.
But I don't want to meet him. I have had opportunities. But I would only
feel comfortable (well, don't know if I ever would) if it wasn't set up. I
don't want to be a fan meeting a Rock star. I don't want the barriers
instantly up. Unrealistic, I know, so better I think if I don't meet him. I
have nothing to say he hasn't heard a million times before.

> are so many that do who are not really worthy of such a meeting.

Not saying that I am worthy, but it seems that unpleasant qualities are
essential to cut through the barriers around him. Or any Rock star.

"Nothing can be further than the truth."
       George W. Bush, boy genius, Presidential Candidate 2000

                    Cheers                  ML