Re: Earth To Pete

> > What did you guys think about that mp3 of TKAA?
>
>One thing that crossed my mind while I was listening to it was how Pete got
>bashed by the Rolling Stone critics for putting a family-affirming ending
>onto the stage version of Tommy.

Was that Pete's idea?  Usually he's more ambivalent, and I'm sure the
producers wanted somthing more solid.

I did sort of wonder if this was a suitable subject for rock music, but The
Who's never been scared off by that.  Look at TOMMY and QUAD, both totally
crazy.  Plus, Pete's usual elements are there: lonliness and loss,
irreconcilable points of view, cynical and pointed social commentary.  And
likely some comment on QUAD, as well.  I don't know that it would to turn
out to be family-affirming--he's talking more about families breaking up.

The interesting thing about this idea is that it would turn both ways.  A
lot of TED's audience are in the middle right now, with their kids on one
side and their parents on the other.  Pete's already lost his dad.

keets