Communicating with Pete

I'd say your answer was authentic, and I'd say Pete still checks in on this
email address from time to time.  But since he published it, you'd figure
it's bursting at the seams and impossible to keep up with.  Not only that,
the emails must be somewhat repetitive.  If you send email to that address,
it may well get lost.

I believe he's said that he generally does try to read his fan mail, but
while he's on tour, I doubt very much that he's reading it and/or making any
attempt at answering.  I thought the comment in the diary was to the effect
that he asked for particular feedback and had it filtered through is staff
to make sure he got that directly, rather than mixed with the usual fan
questions and testimonials.

keets

>Some thoughts on Mark's letter to Pete.  I had an e-mail encounter with him
>earlier this year (attached below) that fueled my burgeoning Who obsession
>and led me to this list.  Many folks I have shared this with, doubt the
>authenticity, assuming that one of his charges wrote the reply.  I like to
>think that it is authentic.

>This happened when he shut down his chat room and first published the
PT@eelpie.com address.  Question for Brian Cady and the group:  What has
changed since then that leads you to believe that the PT@eelpie address is a
dead end?  Is it simply that one of his diaries said that he doesn't go
through that inbox?