Re: Sept. MOJO Mag

>So go buy this issue of MOJO magazine.  This is really only the first full
>WHO cover &
>story this magazine has run.  They had a nice Keith Moon cover/article
>issue a few
>years back around the time of the Fletcher bio & Pete has appeared on the
>cover with
>a bunch of other artists around the time of the '96 QUAD shows but that's
>been it.  The
>magazine's been out for about 7 years & I think Pink Floyd has been on the
>cover 4 times !
>Go figure....
>

>- SCHRADE in Akron

Schrade-
I've been buying this and Q for years -
Mojo actually started out as a fantastic mag but in recent times has become
a little more like the lower-end rock mags -
I'm comparing the early editions with fantastic features and covers
featuring Dylan,Lennon etc...
but in this last year they've had Richard Ashcroft on the cover (!!!)
and Oasis more than once..
It's still by far the best rock  mag but seems their palms are being greased
by certain record companies now and again to feature lesser-heard artistes
on the cover...

Q mag can be good too but covers the whole "Pop" spectrum so alongside a
feature on the who you may find 8 pages devoted to britney spears...

"Record Collector" is another great brit mag you should check out - the who
feature regularly in it - sometimes just a small paragraph on whats
happening and a photo but other times featuring articles very like that in
Mojo this month.

JC