RE: VTMSGGOTOPEE

> From: Jeremy Dilesky <pure_and_easy515@yahoo.com>
> Subject: I'm new
> Hi! My name is Jenna and I have been a Who fan for my
> entire life.Although I am new a friend of mine is a
> lurker on this list and he forwarded Olga's story and
> all the responses to it,and I was touched!Hope to talk
> to you guys later!
>           jenna - in the Green Mountain State

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Well, well, well.  If it isn't another VT'er in
our midst.  I must say my eyebrows went way up when I saw the Green Mtn
State sign off!
	Welcome!
	But, I'm confused (don't want to make the same mistake I made with
"Jess" who ended up being a female), your name is Jenna, then who is Jeremy?
	Where abouts in good 'ol VT are you at?  And, were you born a Who
fan ;-) ?
	Most of us needed some growing up first ;-)  (just playing with you
here).
	Hope Olga can get her visa together.

> Subject: 10/9 MSG - Keep hope alive
> Kevin,
> I saw on the PT list that there is indeed a smaller theater at the MSG
> complex.  Perhaps Eddie Palmieri is playing there (he seems to have a
> smaller venue iteniary) and the date is still open for The Who.
> I hope I didn't kill your hopes prematurely.
> Any thoughts?
> Jeff

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I haven't given up all hope yet (Magik won't let
me;-).  Ticketbastard MSG site doesn't have Eddie P. listed.  Also, I
believe I saw that this guys show ends at 6:30pm.
	So, there is still a glimmer of hope.  BUT, I was just able to pull
up 2tix for 10/7 in section 106.  Hmmmmmmmm.
	Time will tell.
	I *was* able to score 2 tix to Cleveland in section 124/row 10 (not
bad).  Still looking to upgrade, though.  Also, saw an individual ticket at
Cleveland for row 8 on the floor!  Can't leave my friend Stu behind though.
What fun would *that* be?  He'll have Schrade and me under the table before
we get out of the parking lot. ;-)

> Subject: Sacramento review from Sacramento Bee
> Many music fans aren't convinced the Who can still burn, which may explain
> the moderate turnout of 9,600 fans Tuesday.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]   Wow, only 9,600 fans?????   Makes DC look like
Whoville.

> Subject: Dallas Observer on upcoming show
> Preview
> The Who
> By Robert Wilonsky
> Pete Townshend managed to turn The Who's worst album--an indecipherable
> parable about teen alienation, Townshend's pretentious attempt to bring
> rock
> to the "respectable" audiences

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Uhhhhh, has this prick been living in a cave for
the last 30years?????????

>  Townshend's recording output
> post-Who amounted to a bunch of concept albums whose sole concept was that
> they suck

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  GrrrrrrrrAAAArrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh   hmmmmph
*SMASH!!!!!*.
	 Damn, there goes my favorite coffee mug.

>  (I defy you to find one die-hard Who fan who owns copies of both
> Iron Man and Psychoderelict),

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I've got 'em both you PRICK!  I defy *you*,
*not* to be a shmuck!

>  so he cashed in and sold out like the real pro
> he always threatened to become. Now, Pete's even got his own Web site,
> where
> he's selling bootleg boxed sets and books he got out of the warehouse; the
> man knows how to unload the past, 60 bucks at a time. And last we saw of
> Roger, he was on the Bronco Bowl stage singing with a second-rate
> symphony,
> turning into a parody in front of the faithful dozens who felt
> embarrassed.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Jesus, this guy is out of control.

>  since planting Keith Moon in the ground,

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Can you be any more disrespectful???

> By Robert Wilonsky
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Asshole.

>  "Bauhaus-ian"
> - - SCHRADE in Akron

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Is that what we call a Schrade-ism ? ;-)

> Subject: Re: Still looking for Cleveland Tix!
> > Whoops, forgot to mention that I'm looking for a pair.
>
> I thought you were married !!!  Try to keep it under control, will ya'.
> - SCHRADE in Akron

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Hey, the more the merrier!

> From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
> Subject: M.I.A.
> Yes, I read the review which attacked Daltrey as being a "poseur"
> but I've been in such a cynical mood lately I didn't have the energy
> to even respond.
>
> So, does anyone out there dislike, or even hate, Roger Daltrey?  Sure
> we've all cringed at seeing some of his outfits from time to time, but
> I wonder why he elicites so much anger & hatred from some people.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Not I.  I've always wondered if those that
didn't like Rog, don't because of the history between him and Pete.  Notice
how the "author" of that miserable review praised the shit out of Pete?  Rog
is Rog.  A bit goofy at times, but aren't we all.  I've never really even
had a problem with his outfits.  He's a hard worker, has a deep and kind
soul, and isn't nearly the shallow thinker that some make him out to be.
He's just as vital to The Who as Pete, or John, or Keith.  Period.

> I was really surprised in that same review when the dude took a swipe
> at OX for his stage attire.  Doesn't the idiot know that OX's playing is
> so good that his clothing is completely irrelevent?  Damn fool.  Made
> me want to see how the reviewer dresses.
> - - SCHRADE in Akron

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Now there's the SCHRADE we all know and love.  A
little tame considering the article, but I too am getting tired of trying to
fight these stupid bastards.  See effort earlier in this post.

> From: Jester <jester13_us@yahoo.com>
> Subject: broken Who dreams <sniffle>
>  There all black you can't even make out light
> let alone figures. No pictures for me. You know I
> would have been the happiest person on earth if I
> would have gotten a few good pictures of the Who. I'm
> so frustrated right now because I have only two things
> to remind me of my first and probably last Who
> concert. A scar and a ticket stub.
>            -jess in jersey

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I should be able to be of some assistance here.
I'll E you off list.

	Stay in Tune,
	Kevin in  VT