Re: M.I.A.

>So, does anyone out there dislike, or even hate, Roger Daltrey?  Sure
>we've all cringed at seeing some of his outfits from time to time, but I
>wonder why he elicites so much anger & hatred from some people.

1) Roger tends to carry that passion you mentioned into his personal life,
2) he's got a real serious attitude, and 3) he's pretty honest about what he
thinks.

All that's just his personality, of course, and I think you're right that
he's the dominant energy that drives The Who, but on a personal basis,
that's a little much for some folks to handle.  The male jealousy thing is
pretty obvious, but I think maybe the gals sort of split on the issue.  Some
just don't like the punk attitude.  Also, I think there are some old issues
between Roger and the female fans that might enter into the picture here.

>I was really surprised in that same review when the dude took a swipe
>at OX for his stage attire.  Doesn't the idiot know that OX's playing is so
>good that his clothing is completely irrelevent?  Damn fool.  Made me want
>to see how the reviewer dresses.

You find guys around on the lists like this, so pro-Pete that Roger and John
are just impediments to them enjoying Pete's show.  Rather than appreciate
the individual talents TED bring to the unit, these guys want to make sure
you know that RD and JAE are complete idiots that Pete only tolerates for
whatever eccentric personal reasons.

I think there was a comment here (a while back) to the effect that this
might stem from old rivaltries within the band, and that the fan base had
long ago chosen up sides.  This reviewer was kind of glaringly obvious,
wasn't he?

keets