Riding the New Wave; Fillmore

> The New Wave part of this is interesting.  I hadn't thought about Pete
being
> a New Wave artist, but then I hadn't connected the change in his writing
> any particular style.  The music doesn't have that sound, does it?

Keets:

I wouldn't call it New Wave either, but certainly The Who (and therefore
Townshend's writing) was the forerunner for Punk. I'd call AAA the first
Punk song, in content and attitude rather than a strict sound (have to give
that to the Kinks). New Wave was an offshoot of Punk, but IMHO the lion's
share of the credit would have to go to Bowie.

> I hear new-wave influence in Pete's solo stuff (early '80's obviously).
> It depends on which bands spring to mind when one hears the term
> "new-wave."  I think of Gary Numan, Ultravox, Human League....

Scott:

And WHO sounds more like Bowie than Gary Numan?

> The Filmore show is pretty decent; lots of high end, but then again,

There is a copy called Shaking All Over and with a touch of Dart Pro and
Cool Edit, you can get the sound quality up to pre-remix LAL sound quality.
No tone boosting required...just a little hiss reduction and pop & click
filter.

> thing's included, even all dialogue.  Question: What happened to the
> first half of "A Quick One?"  It's always absent !

I've never heard a copy with it.

"There ought to be limits to freedom."
       George W. Bush, Presidential Candidate 2000

                    Cheers                  ML