RE: NewWave, MSG, Hope SallySimpson has insurance, Cheeky

> From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
> Subject: RE: The Era of the Grown Up Punk
> The New Wave part of this is interesting.  I hadn't thought about Pete
> being
> a New Wave artist, but then I hadn't connected the change in his writing
> any particular style.  The music doesn't have that sound, does it?
> keets

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I see the connection here and there.  He
definitely sways from song to song at times.........good point by Schrade.
For me, New Wave makes me think of English Beat, General Public (off shoot
of EB), Morrisey, and the like.  Lyrically emphasized music.
	The change to me is very clear.  WAY...."music must change", and it
did.  So did the person.  Look at the cover of WAY, and then look at vid. of
81/82 tours.  He actually looks younger!  Amazing what change can do for a
person.
	Hard not to be a New Wave artist when all the New Wave artists are
idolizing you.

>  At one point, during it's
> "Baba M4 (signal box)" part, a crowd starts chanting, "Slip kid,
> slip into experience suit, give up all your phony freedon now. Slip
> kid, slip into your grid-life suit, the grid's sleep curfew's closing
> down."  Odd.
> - - SCHRADE in Akron

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Wow, never knew Slip Kid was about this.  I'm
learning allot this week.  Never noticed the "walking away from the cliff"
scene at the beginning of Quad either.  Was I still buttering my popcorn???
I had always wondered if it was suicide, or just throwing off the shackles
of Mod.
	Guess that's why I'm here.  Actually, no need to guess.

> From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
> Subject: Ticketmaster Question
> I see that Ticketmaster has a show listed for Chicago for 10/30/2001.
> Could this be a placeholder for the soon to be on sale 10/9/00 MSG show?
> Perhaps this show will just come on line without any formal announcement.
>  Am I starting a rumor?
> Oh well :>)

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Someone else posted that the date had been there
all along.  *I* never noticed it before a few days ago. I was wondering if
it was just a type-o (2001 vs. 2000).
	I'm getting increasingly pessimistic about the 10/9 show.  Ticket
sales for 10/7 seem to have slowed.  Yesterday there were still plenty of
$75 tickets left for 10/7.
	BUT, today I can't even access any of the MSG shows from TM on Line,
including 10/7.
	Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?  Is an update in the process????????????
	I'll be watching very closely all day and weekend.  I'll post as
soon as there is a change.

> From: jjackson504@webtv.net (Jill Jackson)
> Subject: Back injuries & broken legs
>
> Reading over the list postings today, I have two questions:  Does
> anybody know if Jimmy Page/Black Crowes have canceled their MSG shows?
> I'm just wondering how that would affect the WHO.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Shows for JP/BC are only canceled through
8/30.......for now.
	Is "hurt back" Chinese for "our ticket sales sucked" ?  ;-)

> My other burning question is why Jester has a cast on her leg....Jess,
> did you get thrown over a rail again?  Lordy, we can't take you
> anywhere....:-)
> - -Jill-

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  *THAT's* what *I'd* like to know!!!  Holy smokes
girl, is there a picture of you in the dictionary next to the phrase
"accident prone"?  I'm one to talk.....when I was 15, I started my first day
of High School with a full cast on my left arm.
	2 weeks later, I added a full cast on my left leg.    I was a mess.
:-)

> From: "Brian Cady" <cadyb@home.com>
> Subject: Pete's tour diary photo
> I don't know about how your computer is set up, but when I page all the
> way
> down on Pete's August 16th tour diary to see the "cheeky" picture Pete put
> there
> (http://www.petetownshend.com/press_release_diary_display.cfm?id=1722),
> the
> line at the top of the screen says, "My daughter Emma is here for a few
> days."!
>         -Brian in Atlanta

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Baaahaaa.   "Cheeky".............. You dirty 'ol
sod!
	You must be missing the last lines that are between "My daughter
Emma is here for a few days", and the photo.
	It reads..."I hope you are having as pleasant a time as I am this
Summer, and that if you see the shows, or visit this site, it brightens your
day.     Pete"
	I have to say....that *photo* brightens my day! ;-)  Nice little
"Catholic school-girl" outfit too!
	It's good to be a rock star.

	Stay in Tune,
	Kevin in VT