New Who album recorded at John's house

Available on line at:
http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/entertainment/DailyNews/thewho000817.html

Who New?
Rock Act Revived This Summer With Tour, New Album

Aug. 17 - Fans of The Who are getting everything they wanted this year.
     The band is back on the road, stripped down to a five-piece, just the
way John Entwistle likes it. The shows have rocked, the set list has been
varied, and, best of all, the rumors are coming true: Entwistle says the
band will take a shot at recording a new studio album sometime next year.
     "The plan is to go into my studio, because it's comfortable and it's in
the house and there's plenty of room in the house to hide from each other,"
confirms the bass player.

New Creative Spark
The Who has been connecting onstage better than it has in years, Entwistle
says, mainly because the band has stripped away the extra musicians that
accompanied it on tours in 1989 and 1996. That's allowed both he and
guitarist Pete Townshend to improvise and stretch much more than they have
in years, reigniting a creative spark.
     "We're just going to go in and try it," Entwistle says of the possible
studio album. "I think, hopefully, we can find some common ground on
recordings that we've done of these shows. Some of the improvisations may
give us inspiration for new songs."
     He noted that much of the band's 1978 hit "Who Are You" arose out of
stage improvisations, a common writing technique for the band. "A lot of my
songs come from what I'm playing onstage, and Pete gets inspired by stuff he
sees us work up."
     Any recording would happen after the first of the year, he added, as
the band will be adding dates in the U.K. to its itinerary, keeping it on
the road through November.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm