Tommy vs. Quad

Um.  To each his own, I guess.  Just the opposite here.  I was seriously
disappointed with TOMMY--and still am.  I had forgotten why I disliked it,
but rediscovered the reasons with the recent DVD release.  (That's exactly
twice I've seen it.) I wasn't expecting anything from QUAD, and was totally
blitzed.

keets

    >"Question: Am I the only one on this list who likes the TOMMY movie?"

    Nope.  I think it's a gem.  Although I lose a lot of my interest
    after"Champagne" -- I don't really buy into the ending -- up to and
    including Champagne I think each song is a carefully-crafted work of
art,
    and Russell is a genius at portraying Tommy's (and sometimes Mrs.
Walker's)
    internal world alongside objective reality.

    I still remember how disappointed I was when I saw Quadrophenia for the
    first time and the magnificent sound of "The Real Me" faded off into
plain
    ol' dialogue, and I realized the Quad movie was NOT going to be "all
music,
    all the time".

    Maybe I should give Quad another chance but the plain facts are that
I've
    seen Tommy probably 40 times and would be happy to watch it again,
whereas
    I've seen Quad either once or twice, I forget which, and none within the
    last 15 years.

Warning
Could not process part with given Content-Type: message/delivery-status

-- BEGIN included message