RE: The walking anti-smoking advertisement

> > Pete is clearly the greatest rhythm guitarist in history
>
> I love Pete, he's a groovy guy, I love all of his work and I dig his
> baldness
> (helps with my ever expanding cranium); however, clearly you're outta your
>
> mind on this one.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Well, that happens to the best of us.  I thought
I was feeling odd today. ;-)

> Keith Richards has set the standard for rhythm

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Believe it or not, I actually like much of Keith
R.'s work.  I particularly like the way he "squeezes" notes/riffs out...kind
of like he's taking a ....a.......well,.............you know............
Listen to Her Majesties Request for examples.
	BUT, if you ask the every-day guitar fan (or not-so-every-day guitar
fan), who is known/famous for their rhythm guitaring, the answer would come
back Pete.  This isn't just my thinking, it's something that the entire rock
world has stated.  Pete = Rhythm Guitar.
	I think others on this list have already made good enough points to
justify this thinking.

> From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
> >What ever became of Rodney anyway? ;-)
>
> Kevin:
> Jail.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  (shaking head) Rodney, Rodney, Rodney.  Where
did we go wrong?

> From: Brian Cady <cadyb@home.com>
> Subject: Re: MSGLifehouseendingstupidinterviewtournextyearandQuad ;-)
>
> >         [O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Definitely one of the questions I have.  Is
> it
> > possible The Who would play past midnight???
>
> You wouldn't believe how expensive it gets in New York for any
> theatrical event to go past midnight.  "The Iceman Cometh", a one-set,
> no effects play had to charge $100 a ticket standard simply because the
> play went past midnight and unions have to be paid triple time.  I even
> know of a restored film that was cut from five hours to just under four
> hours just so it could play at Radio City Music Hall and be out before
> midnight.  If it went past twelve, they could no longer afford to show
> it.
>         -Brian in Atlanta

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I see the bartender and I are thinking along
like lines here.  So, we can conclude that the Page/Crows set will probably
last no longer than 1 1/2 hours, and The Who will be 2 1/2 hours?  Throw in
a 1/2 for equipment change/intermission, and we're right up to the
bewitching hour?
	If this is true, how will Page live with himself????
	Plus, let's not forget all this talk about some sort of
collaboration on stage.  Hmmmm, more time cut from The Who set?
	Thanks Brian, next round is on me.

	A "just curious" question:  Any ideas or info. on what the other
boys (other than that wind grabbin' racer Pete) are doing during this break
between legs?
	(Oh my, *that* sounded funny.  I *don't* plan these things
out......really!)

	Stay in tune (and help me get my mind out of the gutter),
	Kevin in VT.