Does humor belong in music (and mailing lists)?; A serious band?

>a non sequitur, and are becoming more annoying as each day passes.

Rick:

Sorry, but my sig is my sig...it automatically adds itself to the end of my
EMail, and I'm not going to change it just for one EMail a day (if that).
Once again, sorry that you don't like what your candidates are saying and I
can't blame you for that. If you find the quotes silly, rest assured that I
do too and ask yourself why you want these silly people running this
country.

>political posts. :-) Come on! Now you've even resorted to constructing
>comments based on things you think Cheney may have said?

Comedy is comedy, and I realize not everyone is going to appreciate it. More
often than not my notes contain humor about one thing or another. Even the
Subject is usually a joke (or at least has a point). Many Who songs were
humorous. It makes sense that a fan would write with humor, doesn't it?
Why is THIS the only humor objected to? Don't you think you guys being a tad
sensitive? You can't be insulted unless you feel there's some truth to the
insult, you know...

>current choice for the next President. (Gore, I presume) You should never
>criticize ANYONE for drug use or draft-dodging

*I* don't care, but unless they're absolute hypocrites (that would be MY
guess), those who would vote for Bush do...or at least they SAID they did.

>supporter of) has been revealed as a fraud, and a lying, draft-dodging,

CNN did a report showing that everything Bush said in his acceptence speech
about the military was absolutely false! They all lie. That's no argument.

>I detect something more than "humor."

Humor is more than just funny words, or should be. Unlike B/C's messages, my
words have a bit of depth whether detected or not.

>I'm not sure they *can*, at this point.

Kevin:

There was a time when men couldn't fly, either. Or walk on the moon. They
want to stop it, and they will. If it takes a program which detects such a
download and sabotages it, that's what they will do.

>They weren't just STUPID quotes Mark, the majority of them were outright
>lies!

Dan:

See my statement about the acceptance speech above. `Nuff said!

>So who are you to tell someone what they can put in their .sig file?  You
>can't ignore it?  Well, obviously not.

Jon:

It brings home how lame their cadidates are, and it makes them
uncomfortable. And rightly so!

>I invite folks to trade cute one-line barbs, but can we please keep the
>extended politcal debates offline?

Jeff:

I have tried to keep it down to one line, as you can see in this note.

>"Can't we all just get along?"  Rodney King

Did The Who get along?

>- -Where we have nearly eliminated the Republican Party

Ah, a part of the country free of oppression!

>Hanson is turning into a serious band.

Keets:

See...here is humor that no one will complain about. I find it interesting
(and telling) that these people are objecting to only ONE type of humor
here, and the others get a complete pass.
Anyway, good one, Keets! Hanson is so serious a band that I got their latest
CD two days after it was released and it's still sitting in the rack,
waiting to be purchased for a third of the Mall price.

"We must all hear the universal call to like
   your neighbor like you'd like to be liked yourself."
                           George W. Bush, Presidential candidate

        Cheers                 ML