Re: Voices, I hear voices

Oh, I don't know...  I think Roger still sounds great.  His range may have
diminished over the years, but not enough to pose a problem.  He still has
the same problems hitting the same notes as he did 20 -- or even 30 --
years ago.  More recently, he sounds pretty darn good on Blues to the Bush,
and the Quadrophenia shows of a couple of years ago were fine.  (And I
remember him saying once that Quadrophenia was a great album -- "except
it's so bloody hard to sing!)  In fact, I remember an interviewer asking
Roger -- after the 1982 Farewell Concert in Toronto, I believe -- how the
show went:

Interviewer: No bad notes?

Roger: [laughing] Oh, *loads* of 'em.  But that's rock & roll!

That about sums up the argument, I think.  Roger's voice has never been
subtle; it's always been a sledgehammer, bludgeoning home Townshend's words.

"Weakest part" my arse: Go Roger!

Gary