A note from the only person who hasn't gotten Blues To The Bush yet

>They really should retire "Behind Blue Eyes."

Scott:

I agree, but not for the same reason. It's just been done far too many
times, and I'd say the same about Baba and WGFA. I don't expect but would
hope this upcoming tour would consist of songs not usually done live instead
of yet another version of Pinball Wizard etc. And while I'm the only person
left on Earth that hasn't gotten Blues To The Bush (it seems) yet, I am
already a bit disappointed in the songlist.
But since we're talking about the vocals, imagine Rog doing Please Please
Please now. I think it would probably be great. Leaving Here. And so as not
to dwell on the oldest stuff, Daily Records and Slip Kid would be nice to
hear live.
You get the idea.

>However, this isn't a new problem.  WHO live vocals have always been
>shakey.

I don't know about that. What about LAL? I have plenty of boots where both
singers are strong. They might miss a lyric or three, but the voices sound
fine.

>Yesterday was a great day.  Not only did my Blues to the Bush CDs arrive,

Martin:

Next we'll get a note from someone in outer Mongolia who's gotten BTTB, and
still I sit Bushless. (sigh) They had my money more than two weeks ago.
Bastards!

>about his career and performs some of the tracks that inspired his
Lifeforce
>multi-media project."  Lifeforce???

"Uh oh, word of the most secret Who project of all is out. Guess I'd best
start gathering the boxed set material. I just hope they don't find out
about Lifefarce too..." Pete Townshend

On another note, I did get the Who's Next DVD yesterday (locally, not from
CDnow), and watched it all. While there is little information a Who fan
doesn't already know, the interviews are great and as different people
manipulate the songs and demos to emphasize certain instruments/vocals, it's
extremely interesting. Or at least it was to me. And you get to see the
Young Vic doorway and little stuff like that. I was hoping for some live
footage either of the band in the studio or on the subsequent tour, but no
such luck. Most of the live footage of WN material was taken from the show
recorded for TKAA movie, the last live performance by Keith. And it seemed
sped up, too.
So while I wasn't blown away, I am glad I got it.

                 Cheers                               ML