Hearing voices

>Yeah, The WHO's singing seems to be the weakest part of their live  > show
>these days.

>Yes, I'd have to agree.  Roger's voice is a little too rough now to do
>anything other than flat-out rockers.  He really did in "Pure and Easy"
>live.  Oddly enough, The Who back in the mid-60's probably did the best
>live harmonies of any band out there.  Of course, they could hear each
>other then.

There's been some mention of overdubs on BttB.  I notice that John is more
on-key in the studio than in live performance.  He's never had a really good
ear for pitch, of course, but lately it does seem to be worse--on "My Wife"
at the SBE show, for example, he's way off.  I'd guess his voice has changed
a little too, but if he's having a problem because of deafness, that's a
little harder to work with.  Is he generally that flat these days, or was
that just the flu?  Does he need headphones to sing on stage?

keets