Re: Voices

>>I don't see it that way. Roger does sing impressive highs but I'm
>>not so sure about his low end. I don't have my Blues To The BUSH
>>(what a great name) yet, but I have a HOB boot and a Bridge boot,
>>and Roger's voice really bottoms out on the Johnny Cash covers "I
>>Walk The Line"/"Ring Of Fire".
>
>Cash gets down into bass, and for a tenor, Roger's doing great on
>those songs.  Roger's voice is always a surprise down in the lower
>range, which is one thing that really identifies him as a singer.
>There are people with similar voices, but none with those overtones
>like that in baritone.

Well, on THESE songs, I don't think he did great. To me, it's more a
surprise that he attempts those low notes. To use Kevin's words, he's
"pushing his range." And, on stage, I think Roger sometimes pushes
his range on the high end, too. However, if you wanted to point out
other examples of Roger's baritone, I'm sure I'd agree with you.

>>Pete uses falsetto for high notes, where it doesn't seem that Roger
>>does.
>
>Roger does, and did all through the Quad tour.  I'm surprised that
>nobody seems to realize it.  Everybody just said his voice sounds
>"thin" on the high notes.  Well, that's why.

Okay, I threw that out without knowing if I could defend it. I'll
listen to the '96 MSG Quad show again. Now that I think about it,
"Guitar And Pen" is another good example of his falsetto. So what I
should have said is that Pete uses falsetto for notes that Roger can
sing without it. Is that better?

Jim