Re: What a difference a day makes.

>Pete makes me nervous, particularly on such a huge (potential audience)
>show.  It's because I don't want to see him make mistakes on national
>(world) TV.

It might have been more of a problem live, but they did reshoot a few of the
songs.

>His voice, while beautifull (or smooth as my wife likes to call it), has a
>very limited range.  Roger on the other hand can go from hard low's to
>imprssive highs. Pete is always pushing his range.  When it hits it's like
>clouds parting, but when it doesn't....it really doesn't.  Luckily only
>heard one crack.

Actually I think Roger and Pete still have about the same range (in pitch),
except that Roger manages his better.  He was struggling with this same
problem back in the early nineties.  Their voices are breaking lower, and
working around a break is always tricky.  It's easy to get off key and if
you don't slide over it just right, you get that crack.

I thought Pete did an excellent job with the songs, all of which were high
enough that he had to worry about the pitch.  Wasn't that the first one
where his voice cracked?  Likely he had to locate about where it was going
to break in order to work with it.

>But the everday music or even Who fan must of said "SAY WHAT!!???" a couple
>of times listening to Pete meander through his thoughts.
>Personally, I dig the way the man thinks.

He eventually got to the point.  How does this one stack up to most of the
Storytellers shows?  I suspect there more story and less song.  Pete does
like to talk, but I thought it was completely entertaining.

>Hey!  Anyone know who the blond-betty was dancing in the audience????
>Just kidding honey,....OUCH!  I said I was kidding!!!!!!!!!

Was that the gal who requested "Slit Skirts?"

keets