Re: Roger Thick?

In article <20000418001429.302.qmail@hotmail.com>,
    "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>  writes:

> Everybody that buys bootlegs say they've already got all the legit
> recordings.  Just out of curiosity, let's see a show of hands, okay?
> How many folks here who have bought a Who bootleg have all of Roger's solo
> albums?  All of John's?

Speaking for myself I've bought:

    - All The Who's studio releases on vinyl
    - bought them all again on CD
    - bought them all a third time remastered
    - bought all the videotapes available, except a copy of Tommy, and
    McVicar but I did buy a copy of Quadrophenia, Kids, Tommy Amazing
    Journey, Who's Better Who's Best, 30 yrs video.
    - bought the boxed set
    - bought the McVicar soundtrack both on vinyl and CD
    - bought Too Late The Hero on vinyl and CD; bought Left for Live
    on CD.
    - bought every book I could get ahold of
    - paid theatre admission to see Kids and Quad many times
    - bought all of Pete's solo material on vinyl and CD and videotape
    (Deep End Live, White City)
    - bought Chronicles and Avatar boxed sets

The only solo stuff of Roger's that I ever bought was McVicar.
Otherwise I frankly just didn't care for Roger's solo work.  Ditto
with John's stuff and TLTH/LFL.

I never bought any John or Roger bootlegs, but I have bought PT/Who
bootlegs.  If they released the exact same material that I'd bought on
bootlegs as legit. releases, I would buy them again from the legit.
sources, but they haven't so I haven't.

I've also bought considerable amounts (dollar-wise) of merchandise
from them lately: leather varsity jacket from Vegas, 4 T-shirts at
Vegas, 2 more T-shirts from thewhodirect.com as gifts, posters from
HOB Chicago, T-shirt from HOB Chicago.  Before that I'd bought concert
tickets in '82, tickets to see PT at HOB LA in '94 (plus T-shirt;
would have bought a poster if one was available).

There's more stuff I'm sure, but suffice to say that I really have
funneled as much money as I can with my legitimate purchases without
writing them a check for nothing and sending it in the mail.

Do I feel guilty about buying bootlegs knowing that the artist doesn't
get a cut?  Hell no.
--
<http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>	Legalize Adulthood!
    ``Ain't it funny that they all fire the pistol,