Somebody Saved Me

The first time I heard The Who's version of Somebody Saved Me, I was drawn
in by the keyboards during the chorus.  I think that it lightened the feel
of the song, which, in a way worked against The Who's version, but in a way,
gave us a new perspective.  To me, it was as if Pete wanted to add this
light, bouncy riff to the song to give it some...optimism.  It is a nice
effect, but it lacked the intimacy and intensity of the "Chinese Eyes"
version.

"Somebody Saved Me" is, without a doubt the Townshend song that is closest
to my heart.  Like so many of his songs, I can see myself in it.  It moves
me emotionally everytime I hear it.

That's is what makes Pete's writing so special.  A vulnerable man writing
about being human.

-Joe