"Petey"

Brian wrote:

> I look at By Numbers, Who Are You, Empty Glass,
> Face Dances and Chinese Eyes as a five disc rock
> opera called "Petey".  It's about this rapidly
> aging rock star who once wrote "hope I die
> before I get old" and had lived to regret it.

Hmmm, I'll bet this becomes a joint MCA/Polydor/Eel
Pie boxed set project around the year 2005 (30th
anniverary of By Numbers, 25th of Empty Glass)!

In the meantime, anyone want to work with me on my
grandiose reworking of Tommy AND Lifehouse AND Quads
(the "I'm A Boy" project, not to be confused with
Quadrophenia), called "Tommy 2020"?

Back on It's Hard, keets wrote:

> The songs have enough depth and meaning that you
> can dig through them and the album concept is
> fine, but for the most part the sound on Pete's
> songs is strained and uncomfortable.  It sounds
> like he didn't want to spend any time on them and
> took the first acceptable recording--which Roger
> didn't actually think WAS acceptable.

Given that It's Hard came out closer to the previous
Who album than any of their studio LPs dating back to
Tommy, does anyone know roughly how much time they
spent in the studio compared to WBN, WAY, and FD?  In
other words, did The Who typically record more takes
per song for those other albums?

Rich B.