Re: Great debate

> They are an improvement or at least they blend in better with Pete's
songs
> there than they do on the previous two albums.  "It's Hard" has a unified
> sound for the most part which WAY and Face Dances certainly didn't.

Brian:

Yes, I agree with you here. Although WAY was originally to be a concept
album and IH never was. Ironic.

>From the sound of it, Pete just forgot how to write for The Who.

Forgot perhaps, but I think that he had gotten into the conceptual
mode...after all, from SO to QUAD, everything was a concept or at least
meant to be one. And as he felt QUAD was a failure, he wanted to go back to
just songs...only everything had changed from his last effort in that arena
(Magic Bus).

> basically himself.  I look at By Numbers, Who Are You, Empty Glass, Face
> Dances and Chinese Eyes as a five disc rock opera called "Petey".

Very funny. I can see the Little Rascals' dog on the cover.