Re: "What's hard is making it feel hard" P Townshend

>That goes to what I said before, that instead of a "roots-type" (read:
>Punk) album, they made more of the music Punk was protesting. Slick,
>comfortable Rock music. WAY, with the exception of the title track, is in
>no way a dangerous album. Nor an innovative one.

We've had this discussion on what is and is not rock music before, but I
think they've transcended it here.  WAY is unclassifiable.

>It's there an instrumental on Mad Dog? It's been a while since I've played
>it, and if you've heard it you know why. I do know there's some Van-Pires
>instrumental tracks, but am not sure if they were ever released.

Oops.  You're right.  That's "Jungle Bunny" with the bongos (or congas or
whatever).  Great little piece of music.  I'll bet John would write terrific
symphony--though um, maybe on the humorous side.

You don't like MAD DOG?  It's one of my favorite John albums because of that
"Jungle Bunny" and "Cell Number 7," which I think is totally hilarious.

keets