Re: "What's hard is making it feel hard." PTownshend

Personally, as far as trends go, I am glad the Who never made a "Emotional Rescue"

As far as this album vs that album goes, its really a waste of time comparing one song with another, its all opinion.

If you compare, the only fair comparison is does the album stand the test of time?

I would submit "Who Are You" is a more respected album than "Its Hard" by fans, critics and musicians as a whole. "Its Hard" unfortunately gets dismissed because of its "non-Keith Moon" content.

Dave

>>> "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com> 04/05/00 01:53PM >>>
> >"Had Enough" or "I've Known No War?" - C'mon, it's "Had Enough."
>
>HE? You mean the song where Rog's voice is so hoarse? Nah. IKNW is a great
>song.

"I've Known No War" sort of annoys me.  I'll have to go with "Had Enough."

> >Who Are You's underlying theme was about the changing face of music and
>The Who's efforts to change with it.
>
>That's great, but as pointed out at the time: they ignored Punk, which they
>had more to do with creating than most bands.

No problem.  I'm sure this disappointed some people, but The Who are
creative artists, and they have their own sound.  Why should they follow
trends?

LB