"What's hard is making it feel hard." PTownshend

>"Who Are You" or "Eminence Front?" -  Well, "Who Are You" of course !
>"Sister Disco" or "Athena?" - I say "Sister Disco," but we'll call it a
draw.
>"905" or "Dangerous?" - The answer here is really "905,"

Scott:

Here I disagree with you. 905 is great, but Dangerous is one of JAE's best,
especially lyrically. IMHO it compares favorably to Pete's songs. I wish he
continued on this level, but unfortunately he did not.

>"New Song" or "It's Hard?" - Sorry, it's "New Song."

Not for me. I think NS is the single worse kickoff song in the band's
career. It says very little that wasn't said better in However Much I Booze.

>"Music Must Change" or "Why Did I Fall For That?" - Please, "Music Must
Change."

That's not a fair comparison. But MMC is a superior song compared to almost
anything. How about WDIFFT and Love Is Coming Down? LICD is lame.

>"Love Is Coming Down" or "One Life's Enough?"

And so is OLE but at least it's short.

>"Guitar & Pen" or "Cook's County?" - Sorry, "Guitar & Pen."

Again I disagree. CC is a great song, very "Who." G&P is a bit over the top
for The Who. Pete was trying too hard. Trying to be Arty. It isn't their
finest moment.

>"Had Enough" or "I've Known No War?" - C'mon, it's "Had Enough."

HE? You mean the song where Rog's voice is so hoarse? Nah. IKNW is a great
song.

>If you can come up with an arrangement where IT'S HARD wins, let me see it.

Done. You forgot to mention It's Your Turn, another of JAE's best lyric
efforts. I have to say that WAY is half a great album, and IH two thirds.

>   My computer is down at home, which means my personal e-mail is gone too.

Jon:

No problem. Your CDs went out yesterday. Hope you get your home computer
back together soon.

>Who Are You's underlying theme was about the changing face of music and The
>Who's efforts to change with it.

Joe:

That's great, but as pointed out at the time: they ignored Punk, which they
had more to do with creating than most bands.

>For me, deciding on which album I want to listen to boils down to what I
>want to hear them sing ABOUT.  The Who made music that forced you to
listen.

Why would we want 11 albums of the same music over and over anyway? Viva
variety.

          Cheers                  ML