Re: Flippin' pancakes, uh I mean lousy

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999 11:43:25 -0400, "Mark R. Leaman"
<mleaman@sccoast.net> , late of Pablo Fanques Fair wrote:

>Consider where Pete was coming from. I would think even the most dedicated
>Beatles fan would have to admit that as musicians they were only fair,
>especially as compared to a band with the greatest drummer and bass player
>so far (even).

I don't think you or Pete are correct here. The Beatles were master
song writers, and their playing supported their songs perfectly.
Paul McCartney never played 4,000 notes in one second, but other
than as a stunt why would anyone want to? His bass lines are greatly
under-rated, but not one bass-player in a thousand could play as
well or as tastefully.

I would support the others as well, but this is enough to start
with.

--
Kevin B. O'Brien                  TANSTAAFL
kob1@ix.netcom.com

Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/