RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #228

> 	PETE!!!! We folk with wives who don't understand spending big bucks
> to see you guys NEEEEED a tour!!  I know it's for charity, and I do what I
> can, but...................working in the public sector......
> 	It's your time!  CARPE DIEM!!

Not to mention us wives with 2 kids and husband, and a budget that just
won't permit spending the money; I'd manage the time somehow.

I order my copy of Pete Live from Amazon.com; they had the best price.  And
I downloaded the MP3 files from musicmaker.

> When you get to the page that lists the tracks available for download,
> make note of the number in the last part of the URL for the two bonus
> tracks (mine says MB is 456544 and HTHO is 456550).  Then when you get
> to the page where you can download the individual tracks, go over to
> where the link is given for download on one of the tracks and copy
> that link text into the clipboard.  Finally, do "open URL" and paste
> in the link text you just copied from the clipboard into the open URL
> dialog.  Edit the number at the end of the URL to one of the
> corresponding numbers for the bonus tracks.  Then edit the filename
> portion of the URL to reflect the name of the song you want to
> download.  I think the name is ignored by their web server, it only
> looks at the number to decide which song to download; the filename
> provided is just so when your browser prompts you for the filename
> during the download, it will default to something reasonable.
>
> The file sizes I obtained for the bonus tracks in this manner were:
>
>     Bytes      Track
>     5,772,977  Magic Bus (bonus)
>     4,412,396  Heart to Hang Onto (bonus)
>
> These are different sizes from any of the other tracks that I
> downloaded.  As I said, I haven't had a chance to play them yet to see
> if they are the actual tracks I wanted.

Thanks for the info; I'm downloading both of them as I type.

I love his arrangement of AAA. Wow.

Felicia
--
"You don't get to be Mom if you can't fix everything just right." - Bill
Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes