Re: Live CD and the internet

> Tom Connor wrote:

> Here in England I have visited every single local record shop, and not one has
> any information about any forthcoming Pete Townshend live release, let alone
> any sign of the BBC cd.

Last I heard, you're getting the Pete CD next Tuesday and the BBC CD exactly 2
months after that.

> But, before I do, can someone please re-assure a naive internet user, that
> giving my details over on-line is absolutely safe, as I am slightly worried.

I can't make any guarantees, but look for something called a secure server at
the site from which you order.   There is a cartoon here called "Dilbert" where
a character in a restaurant is talking about how he'd never give out his credit
card over the Internet.  Meanwhile he hands over his credit card to the waitress
who returns in the next panel wearing a fur coat and jewelry.  Not a bad point.

		-Brian in Atlanta