Free Music: Pete Townshend

Free Music: Pete Townshend (from Addicted to Noise)

"Former Who guitarist Pete Townshend will make his new live album, Live: A
Benefit for Maryville Academy (Sept. 21), available for free download. The
disc includes Townshend solo songs such as "Let My Love Open the Door" along
with Who numbers, including "Won't Get Fooled Again" and a version of "Magic
Bus" with guest singer Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam. Fans can download the cuts,
recorded at 1997 and '98 charity shows, from Musicmaker.com one at a time
during the week beginning Sept. 20, a publicist for the promotion said.
Townshend's label Platinum Entertainment will then send the most downloaded
track to radio as the disc's first single."

You know...maybe I'm crazy, but it seems as if this promotion could do a
pretty good job of hurting sales...

Peace,

David