Re: These foolish things . . .

In a message dated 9/14/99 11:11:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bwradley@earthlink.net writes:

 Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 21:38:17 EDT
 From: KGT2594@aol.com
 Subject: Bridge School show

 Well...I got two *^%&^$%#&^% lawn seats.  Naturally, I'm looking to upgrade.
 And, yes, according to the BASS tickets website, The Who will ONLY be
 playing 10/30/99.

 ChicoTodd
 ------------------------------
 Now Todd . . . Aren't we being a bit ungrateful?  How many people are there
 on this list would want to give up their first born to go to this show?  If
 someone had told you two weeks ago that The Who would be playing within
 driving distance of the Queen City of Butte County and you would get tickets
 for the show, you would be think you were dreaming.

 I know when I found out about this bit of news Saturday morning, you
 couldn't wipe the smile off my face with a 2X4.  Living in LA, getting
 tickets takes somewhat more of an effort than driving to the local Tower
 Records (Note:  BASS outlets are in Northern and Central California only).
 I was extremely happy to get my tickets, which by the way are also lawn
 seats.  So they are lawn seats.  At least we will be able to see them, which
 a few days ago, with the only announced show being the Chicago HOB benefit,
 was not doable (at least for me).

 Chill out.  I'll even offer to buy you a Sierra Nevada, if that will cheer
 you up >>

Yes, of course, I am VERY grateful.  Considering that, a month ago, all we
knew about was a
thousands-of-bucks-a-seat-show-I-could-never-afford-to-go-to, Friday's sudden
news was indeed a wonderful, wonderful surprise.  My initial disappointment
with GA seats not withstanding, this is going to be a moment to remember.

Nice to hear from ya', B.W.  How 'bout those Giants? :)

ChicoTodd (Whose Dodgers are much, much worse)

PS - It's the PT live CD that comes out Tuesday.  Still no firm date on the
BBC, maybe this Fall.