These foolish things . . .

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 21:38:17 EDT
From: KGT2594@aol.com
Subject: Bridge School show

Well...I got two *^%&^$%#&^% lawn seats.  Naturally, I'm looking to upgrade.
And, yes, according to the BASS tickets website, The Who will ONLY be
playing 10/30/99.

ChicoTodd
------------------------------
Now Todd . . . Aren't we being a bit ungrateful?  How many people are there
on this list would want to give up their first born to go to this show?  If
someone had told you two weeks ago that The Who would be playing within
driving distance of the Queen City of Butte County and you would get tickets
for the show, you would be think you were dreaming.

I know when I found out about this bit of news Saturday morning, you
couldn't wipe the smile off my face with a 2X4.  Living in LA, getting
tickets takes somewhat more of an effort than driving to the local Tower
Records (Note:  BASS outlets are in Northern and Central California only).
I was extremely happy to get my tickets, which by the way are also lawn
seats.  So they are lawn seats.  At least we will be able to see them, which
a few days ago, with the only announced show being the Chicago HOB benefit,
was not doable (at least for me).

Chill out.  I'll even offer to buy you a Sierra Nevada, if that will cheer
you up.
------------------------------
2.  A couple of weeks ago, I was in the local pet store, dropping a fortune
on a fish tank and equipment for my 7 year old son.  (Who by the way will be
going to his first concert on October 30.  I am sure that he would rather go
see the Backstreet Boys, but my wife, who is . . . .oh well you know what I
was going to say . . . made it a condition that I take my son with me, so
she has a weekend to study for her finals so she can get her Masters Degree,
so she can make more $$, so I can pay for the tickets for said concert.
Anyway, I digress.)  While I was waiting in line to pay my bill, I saw a
magazine entitled Modern Ferret.  It was the July/August 1999 edition.

Now, given that owning ferrets in California is basically illegal, I thought
it was odd that such a magazine would be sold.  But then again, High Times
has been in business forever.  Anyway, the cover consists of Gumby in an
Elvis wig, a Barbie doll in a Bondage A Go Go outfit, and a ferret in front
of a Marshall amp.  The ferret has a Fender strapped around it, and is
singing "Ain't no cure for the SUMMERTIME BLUES!"

I look closer.  Under the UPC bar code are the words . . . "Another tricky
day for UPC!"

I look inside . . . and immediately see the centerfold.  (Sorry fans of a
certain Tibet loving actor who used to be married to a model with a mole
over her lip, who is rumored to have a certain fondness for ferrets . . .
it's not THAT kind of centerfold!!)

There are four ferrets sleeping under a Union Jack in a rather familiar
pose.  Over the sleeping ferrets is the caption:  "The Kits Are Alright--The
Huh" in lettering identical to a certain record/video cover.

The Modern Ferret website (http://www.modernferret.com/) does not have the
photos up yet.  The issue (#23) is available for $5.95 in the US,  $6.45 to
Canada/Mexico, and $8.95 elsewhere from:

Modern Ferret
Dept. WWW
PO Box 1007
Smithtown NY 11787
USA

You have to see it to believe it!
 ------------------------------
3.  During the annual tribute to Jerry Lewis (AKA the Muscular Dystrophy
Telethon), I went to their website, and they had a listing of all of the
performers who have been on the telethon, and The Who was included on list.
Any idea when that was?  Details?
 ------------------------------
4.  While on vacation in Rapid City, SD last month, I heard the following
promo on one of the radio stations.

"This is the sound of a baby crying"  (Followed by loud sound of baby
crying.)

"This is how P.T. hears a baby crying" (Followed by soft sound of baby
crying.)

"Why is P.T.'s hearing like this? . . . (Followed by RD's scream from WGFA.)
5.  Wasn't the BBC CD supposed to be released this week?  I thought Tuesdays
were the day that new releases come out.  I went to a couple of Best Buy's
(as they were supposed to have the Super Duper Deluxe edition) and none was
to be found.

BW Radley
bwradley@earthlink.net

BW Radley