Re: Simon Phillips

I agree "The Who" went with Moonie's death but Kenny Jones is a very small part of the blame here. The blame for the last two albums lies with:

    1) Pete's writing: Roger could not identify with Pete's after thought lyrics
    2) The choice of producer: Bill Z (Eagles fame) produced a lifeless mix

If Pete cared about The Who in the late 70's and early 80's, I believe they could of made some great music. As a result of Pete's desire for self-analization. The Who's interest for Pete waned and the music bears this out.

I love Simon Phillips but I felt Zak captured more of Moon's essence.

my 2 cents

Dave

>>> Andreas J Athans <ajathans@cisunix.unh.edu> 09/09/99 08:13PM >>>
That's true, but as anyone who knows me wil surely prove, I *HATE* with a
passion Kenney Jones-era material...for me The Who ended with Moonie's
death and that Jones-stuff was an afterthought that I think puts an
unnecessary blemish on an otherwise stellar career.  Yeah Pete's writing
wasn't so great, but Kenney's limp'n'lifeless drumming sure didn't help!

Drew