Re: Who on DVD

Re: WGFA in the TKAA movie being edited.

and p47paul@impop.bellatlantic.net writes:
>I am not sure how that is possible.  When Moonie is playing that solo >you can see Daltrey and Townshend when he is finishing with the snare >right before the scream.  I am a drummer and there didn't seem to be
>any overdubbing in the movie.

Mostly this is based on eyewitnesses who were there during the filming. It's
also the basis of a long discussion a lot of us, including drummers, have had
about this piece of footage.  The drummers assure me there is overdubbing.
Maybe there is and maybe there isn't.  It is known for a fact that Keith did a
separate filming for the drum solo outside of The Who's performance and that he
was called in for overdubbing of that solo, whether it was finally used or not.

There is also a lot of editing in the final performance, most notably where Pete
is playing complex guitar leads while his fingers aren't even touching the
strings in the shot.

		-Brian in Atlanta