Re: Who on DVD

>Jeremy Craine wrote :
>
> > One other little nit-pick on this is the "Who Are You" video - on the
>VHS
> > version Roger sits back and calls out "Kenny" or "Kelly"(?)...
> > but on the DVD this has also been removed
>

>Correct again !  I think he yells "nearly" as in "that's nearly correct."
>It's plain as day in the VHS version of "The Kids
>Are Alright," but in the VHS version of "Who's Better, Who's Best" it's
>gone.  It's nice to know other people are
>noticing these things.  My friends would look at me like I was nuts when I
>would try and point these things out. "Shut
>up with your WHO all the time !!"  OK then, how about this:  Why is
>Entwistle's 3rd bass solo line in My Generation
>different on the album version than it is on the new CD re-release version?
>  And Daltrey got his "whoa !" edited
>(poor fellow !) right after the first "People try to put us down !" line in
>the song.  All it was was a scream of "whoa."
>Why did they tamper with that?  Anyway, I'm looking forward to the BBC
>Sessions coming out in about 10 days.
>I've had them for some time on "import" CD's (wink, wink) but I guess there
>are going to be a few surprises on this
>release.  Shite, I've written too much !  Long Live The WHO !!!!!
>
>- SCHRADE in Akron

OK,this is now entering SERIOUS nerd territory but there's obviously more
differences here - you comment that the bits are missing from your VHS of
"Who;s Better.."..
They are actually ON my VHS version (VHS PAL) - maybe they're gone from the
VHS NTSC - and if so that's the "master tape" used for the DVD version?

one other question - on a trip to the states I noticed a little sticker on
the "Kids Are Alright" VHS stating there was one extra song - does this
extra song appear on the Who's Better compilation or do I need to hunt it
down...?
JC