Re: Who on DVD

Scott Schrade wrote:
>Moonie's drum solo parts before Roger screams are different
> on the movie & soundtrack as well !!  Listen closely to the snare drum !!  I wonder why all the tinkering ? !

Moon's drum solo was actually filmed after the Shepperton show.  Keith played
drums for at least an hour by himself as he was repeatedly filmed.  However, his
performance was judged substandard for his big film moment and he was called in
later to overdub his drum part (probably the last drumming he ever did).  The
version in TKAA has some of the overdubs.  I haven't checked Who's Better Who's
Best lately but I think it may feature the drum solo without the overdubs.

I'm afraid there is a good bit of artifice to the filmed performance of Won't
Get Fooled Again, but it is less than most rock concert movies such as the
excellent but heavily tinkered-with "Stop Making Sense."

		-Brian in Atlanta