Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #260

In a message dated 10/29/99 10:37:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<<
 To all Who Folk that will see tonight's show and the others, Have a
 great time and please let's have some detailed reports. Business
 prevents me from being a part of it, however next time around I hope to be
 there. Enjoy !
 Regards,
 Derick.

 Just got back from the Vegas show and I am in AWE, to say the least.  Kinda
tired, so please forgive typing boo boos!!  I never saw The Who live in the
70's , but what people have told me, welcome back to the 70's, because this
show was AMAZING !! I wish Keith could have been there, but he sure taught
Zac well. The Who were so LOUD and they played everything from "Anyway,
Anyhow, Anywhere" to "The Kids are Alright" Pete played electric all the way
the way through, breaking strings and getting other electric guitars. Roger
was terrific. He looked and sounded great.  Man, can he play a harmonica!  He
messed up on the beginning of "Who are You" and Pete said afterwards, "We are
experimenting a bit here" and Roger replied something like, yeah I
experimented and missed the whole beginning of that one!  I think one of the
funniest moments was at the end of  "Baba O' Riley" when Pete was
wind-milling, Roger twrilling the mic and everyone is ready to end as one,
and Zac kept playing. Pete says something to him like when I do this you
stop!!  The crowd was wonderful, young and older, singing, standing, and
screaming their hearts out.  What ever conversation Pete and Roger had over
the summer worked.  So, I for one will try and catch as many of these shows
as possible.   Janet