promotion

I'd like to weigh in on the old promotion, or lack thereof, of the Who's management, record co., etc.

I coaxed a friend of mine to go the Quadrophenia show in Atlanta in 97. He was an old roommate, so he'd heard me blather on about how great the Who is. IN particular, my argument leading up to the show was how much better the Who live are than the Stones. We had gone to see the Stones 2 years before at the Ga. Dome and it was pretty awful. So my friend is very inquisitive, and kept asking me why I thought the Who doesn't get the attention they deserve. Well, I theorized that one reason is little or no promotion.

Halfway through the performance which he was thoroughly enjoying, he looked at me and said "Two words: Bad Marketing."