I (Don't) Hope To Die Before My IPO . . . .

I came across an article at
http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,32025,00.html which indicates that
many of the artists that have been promoting web based businesses have been
paid of in rather lucrative stock options.

For example Alanis Morissette had agreed to let MP3.com promote her current
tour.  Her management company, Atlas/Third Rail, got 658,653 shares, which
is worth about $24 million, at current stock prices.  For that kind of
cabbage, I'd sing about going down on my ex-lover in a movie theater too.

Well, here is hoping that the latest musicians who are getting involved in
web site promotions, are getting stock options too!  However, the test
downloads at http://www.pixelon.com/ did not knock me off.  It struck me as
being another competitor to Real Player.  I have a cable modem, and the
amount of time it took to download the samples leads me to believe that
Thursday's concert will likely be an exercise in futility.  The video
quality, was nothing to write home about.  Well, at least I have tickets for
Saturday's concert!

BW Radley
bwradley@earthlink.net