No Subject

THE WHO have announced they are in the process of
 recording their first studio album since 1982, which they
 will tour early in 2000.

 Speaking to Reuters, singer Roger Daltrey said:
 "We're attempting to make a new album. We can't say
 we're definitely going to make a new album because if it
 turns out to be rubbish we won't release it."

 Daltery is working with an outside collaborator Gerard
 McMahon, while guitarist Pete Townshend is working
 on new songs for the album alone.

  Daltery would not be drawn into any more speculation
 on the new LP, claiming it was too early predict how the
 album will sound. He said: "We just don't know what it's
 going to be like now. Until we get in a studio ... it's very
 difficult to talk about it because music's not like that. It's
 whatever happens in a studio on a day."

 Industry sources are claiming that the record may be
 finished as early as April 2000 with a tour to follow in the
 summer.

 The band have been pencilled in to play a series of
 charity shows throughout the United States at the end of
 October and the start of November. The first show will
 take place at the Las Vegas music festival on 29
 October. Following this on 30 and 31 October they are
 set to play in Mountain View, California, followed by two
 more shows in Chicago on November 12 and 13.

 The Who's surviving members have been reunited in the
 past, notably on the 1997 'Quadrophenia' tour, but this
 is the first time the band will have been reunited and
 recorded any new material.

  In addition to the new LP, The Who's label MCA have
 announced they are to release an album of unheard
 BBC session recordings in time for Christmas.

Regards,

Alan.

UK