I've heard Vegas is a tough room to play, but ...

The latest tongue-in-cheek Who barb from our friends over at Comedy Central
(where several writers are actually true Who fans from what I hear):

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
THE WHO SELL OUT

Later this month The Who will be headlining a star-studded event
called iBash '99 at the MGM Grand Hotel to launch Pixelon Network, which
will webcast the entire show over its website.

The three surviving members of the group will perform, and in classic Who
style, will smash their credibility to pieces.

Pixelon's website boasts "TV-quality video and stereo-quality audio," and
doesn't seem to mind that The Who can no longer make "'60's-quality music."

Individual visitors to the site will be able to control the angle and the
view of how they see the program, although after 40 years in rock The Who no
longer have angles.

Host David Spade is expected to exude his unique brand of ironic
condescension toward the company that apparently offered him too much money
to turn down. Also rumored to appear is legendary singer Tony Bennett,who
once performed at a similar event to celebrate the invention of the wireless
(radio).

Tough room, indeed.

      ---SS