Angels in Boots, Vegas Internet Show, Reviews

Hey All:

>Someone posted a quote about angels wearing boots or something a while
>back & challenged us to figure out where it was from.  I never saw the
answer !
>I couldn't figure out where it was from.  Don't keep us in suspense !

   i posted the quote: "This angel's wearing boots again!" to stump the Who
fanatics out here. One person got it... sent me this message privately so
as not to ruin the fun for others:

>It's from the last song on Simon Townshend's album Sweet Sound...."Heart
Stops"
>Andrea :-) WhoRU3@aol.com

   Congratulations to Andrea. If anyone else guessed right, you are truly a
Who fanatic and we should all be locked up in a cell together, with nothing
but, say, Emma Townshend's album played over and over, to cure us. Or maybe
Daltrey's television appearances. Or for that matter, the Scorpion's
version of "I Can't Explain".
    Anyway, "Sweet Sound" is an excellent album, produced by Peter, and
containing the (only?) hit single of Simon's, "I'm The Answer". Which,
incidentally, is a cool song that always struck me as being nearly as
egotistical sounding as "Let My Love Open The Door". I know, I know, it's a
spiritual metaphor, but if you take the lyrics at face value you can see
what i mean.

Regarding the Who in Vegas broadcast on the net next week:
 >Those who take part in the
>exercise can someday reminisce to their children about the days back in '99
>when they used their computer monitor to watch a staticky, semi-satisfying
>video transmission over what was then called the Internet.

   Wow, you sound slightly more optimistic than i am about the whole thing.
i bet it's less than semi-satisfying. But other than that i agree with you
completely.

  Keith,
   Thanks for your new release review... i have to say that Live is about
the worst band i've ever laid ears upon, and i'll leave it at that. Sting
needs to have Andy and Stu to keep his pretension in line, but i'm curious
to hear the new stuff (even though his last was lame). You've also piqued
my curiousity with the Yes release... "Union" was much better than i
expected it to be, and they've had a few years to come up with some good
ideas... Queensryche is a very underappreciated band (mainly due to their
unfortunate rip-off of Pink Floyd that everyone knows, "Silent Lucidity",
from a mediocre album "Empire". If anyone on this list hasn't heard it, i
highly recommend checking out "Operation Mindcrime", its excellent).
Haven't heard the new one yet; was skeptical because they lost a main
songwriter. Will have to listen for it...
   Incidentally, i highly recommend the new Santana, the new Nine Inch
Nails, and the latest Beck album, "Mutations", which gets my vote for best
album this year: it's a deeply moving, quirky, mellow, funny and insightful
recording, believe it or not. And i was not a fan before i heard this album.
   Still awaiting my copy of Pete Live, i ended up ordering it over the
internet. Can't wait to hear it, and will spout my worthless opinions on it
here soon.

    Take care all and read you again soon........... peace&anarchy, jeffree