Re: Quad on DVD; Thomas on DVD; White City on Beta; Bonham-ee

> so..it;s the film..
> it says on the box there's an 8 minute featurette..
> there was a short one on the UK re-release of the VHS Quad..this may be
> different though

Jeremy:

Let's hope not. One thing I miss on the TOMMY DVD is the trailer. Because I
don't remember it at all, now. I think it would be interesting to see how
they advertised it.

> is there a cd-rom ....??

There's something that's listed as a CD-ROM at CDNow, and it appears to
have the entire movie. Here's what it says:

CD-ROM
                                        $15.49
                                        List $ 19.95
                    Expect 4-6 week backorder if not in stock.
                    CD-ROM. Feature film. 115 min. Stars Sting, more. Music
by The Who. Rated R.

They also have TKAA:

CD-ROM
                                        $15.99
                                        List $ 19.98

                    Expect 4-6 week backorder if not in stock.
                    CD-ROM for WIN. Documentary. "Pinball Wizard," "My
Generation," "See Me Feel Me,"
                    more + interviews, rare material. 99 min.

> nope - def fullscreen only - i checked the back - the region 2 disks are
> known for their poor standard of extras compared to the region 1 disks...
> they say the R.1 market is much bigger and so can afford to pack the
disk...

Like it's that big a deal not "add it," like it cost a lot more or
something. You know, it's attitudes like this which make me angry at
corporations. Hey, and just in time for an election, too!

> but the Who's Next DVD is a MUST !! you'll love it - also it's region
0...

Which I assume means it will play in my machine? I know it's extremely
American of me (read: lazy), but I know there are regions but everything
sold here is playable in my machine so I didn't really pay attention to
what region this is. Sorry. I know France is the same region, if that's any
help.

>    Secondly: TOMMY is, was and forever will be an humorous embarassment
and
> nothing more.

Jeffee:

I would have agreed with you until I watched the DVD last night, but like a
lot of things I like or dislike according to my changing perspective. As I
watched it, I realize that yes it is a "period piece" in the Glam-Rock
period bands like The Who had no business trying to emulate (as they had
absolutely no connection), and yes it has its silly moments...but overall
it transcends these faults/quirks. And, after all, the band we're talking
about is not without fault at any point in their career. NOTHING they did
was perfect, unless you count perfectly chaotic, so this movie is a natural
aspect of this. IMHO.
And the music is great. No matter how stupid it looks when Rog is
transposed before the waves, that is a thunderous version of I'm Free.

>  recently i found a copy of white city on VHS. has anyone ever seen this
> movie??
> i found it to be really odd(hehe)

Andrew:

Yes; I got it on BETA back when it was released (still have it, in fact)
and thought it was very good, just like that album. It's the sequel to
QUAD, after all.

> 	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  YES!!!  Give me a video or what ever of the
> tour!!!  While were at it, I would love to see a video of the Woodstock
> reunion.

Kevin:

How about the original Woodstock, for that matter?

> 	Given the drummers then, John is definitely a close second.

I might have to disagree with you here. Granted Bonham was a very powerful
drummer, but I think Carl Palmer could drum circles around him (no Grateful
Dead reference intended).