Stuff about the Who

Hello fellow listers:

   First of all: DO NOT go to this website! <http:///wwww.*&@^#.con/>
     it will eat your computer and you'll DIE!
   Secondly: TOMMY is, was and forever will be an humorous embarassment and
nothing more. Those of you who LIKE this movie (beyond the cheesy-kitsch
aspect and the "look! That's Eric Clapton... boy, he must be ashamed of
this now..." aspect) should watch the film called "Quadrophenia". Alot less
WHO in it, but it takes the story and characters seriously and it manages
to be a quite moving (and coherent) experience. As for "Tommy the Movie", I
view it as most Batman fans view the Batman television show. I think this
is the kind of thing Pete and Ken Russell had in mind, really.
   Thirdly: I want to second the opinion expressed yesterday, about NOT
buying HOB tickets from scalpers, no matter how badly you want them. It's a
charity gig and any scalper who wants to make a buck off this should be
beaten severely. That's just COLD. Screwing fans and the charity, in my
opinion. Hope for a second show, or a tour, and be happy with that. And no,
I didn't get tickets either.
   Lastly: Speaking of COLD, the major record stores in my area aren't
stocking Pete's Live CD either. I'll get it at an out of the way store that
I know has it, but that's beside the point. Best Buy doesn't have it
because they don't think they'll SELL enough of it to make it profitable
for them to bother carrying it. Let me repeat that Pete's proceeds go to
charity. How f'n cold is that of the big record stores? We won't make
enough of a buck off it to bother carrying it... but the artist is giving
his proceeds away. Very sad world we live in, some days.
   Okay, enough of me. Return to the list from whence you came.
               peace&anarchy, jeffree

P.S.: See if you can get this obscure quote:
"This angel's wearing boots again!"