Re: Tommy Movie

Jim Topp wrote:

> I saw the movie when I was 13. I was hooked too. I remember "Listening To
> You" still running through my head the next day. In retrospect, I've often
> thought that this was a strange way to become a Who fan, but I'm obviously
> not alone.

	You guys basically became Who fans the EXACT same way that I did, only
MY first REAL Who experience was "The Kids Are Alright".
	I remember other teens that I hung out with in my old neighborhood and
I ALL being Zeppelin fans forever, UNTIL a few of them went to see "The
Kids Are Alright" one night, and the next day they all came back saying
that Keith Moon was WAY better than John Bonham!!
	Now at THIS point I truly wanted to punch one or more of them in the
face (I didn't though because they all would have ganged up on me and
kick me ass), but THEN I went and saw it a week or so later, and came
out of the theater as a TRULY transformed person in rock'n'roll!!
	The Who was my favorite band from that point on, all the way to this
day!

										Joseph Manfredi