Re: WHO's Inspired?

 Hey, how about new topics here?
 There's this question that I want to ask you: what artist or band do you
think
 continued best, without imitating, what The Who had begun?
ilya

 This is a tough question.  I guess the only band that comes to mind is U2,
even though their past few albums & overall direction in the '90's leaves me
scratching my head. I choose U2 only because they seem to want to elevate &
push Rock's boundaries. They had a certain "rock-spirituality" in their
earlier days which is reminiscent of The WHO.  That's where the comparison
ends.
 - SCHRADE in Akron

Well, I don't really see the similarities between U2 and The Who... What do
you guys think of this Britpop faze? Oasis, Blur... you know, those guys? I
mean, Oasis were really inspired by The Who, the way I see it, anyway... The
question is: did they immitate or innovate?
ilya